How do I choose a baby stroller?
We need a pram practically from the first days of the toddler's life. It is also the most expensive element of a child's layette. Therefore, it is worth taking a good look at the models available on the market and choose the one that will be best adapted to our needs. What are our options?
Main types of baby carriages
When choosing a baby stroller, we must bear in mind that in the first years of a child's life, he or she spends a lot of time in it. Therefore, it must be a comfortable, functional and safe accessory that adapts to the changing needs of the toddler. Not without significance is also the relatively high cost of purchasing a trolley. It is therefore not worth making a hasty decision.
If you decide to buy a stroller, you should familiarize yourself with the basic types of stroller:
- A multi-purpose trolley is a 3-in-1 trolley, which can be used as a deep trolley, nacelle and stroller. This is an extremely practical solution that can be used from the first days of a child's life up to 3 years of age,
- gondola trolley - its characteristic features are elevated edges and a mattress. This design allows the child to lie in the stroller. This equipment can be used from the first days of life to about 6-8 months. When your child starts to sit up unaided, you need to change the stroller to a pushchair.
- stroller - in other words, a stroller. It starts to be useful around 6-8 months of age when the nacelle becomes too small for a child. This is an extremely useful equipment that has many advantages. It's usually lighter than a gondola and a traditional stroller, but it's also easier to fold. What is more, it does not take up as much space as its predecessors and lasts a long time - the child can be driven there until the age of three. This is an irreplaceable solution, especially in spring and summer.
- sports stroller - is a special type of stroller, usually dedicated to those parents who train running and want their child to accompany them during this time. This type of equipment is distinguished by large, cushioned wheels and a lightweight frame.
When deciding on such a solution, we should check if it is equipped with a five-point seatbelt fastening system. This minimises the risk of the baby falling out of the stroller while running.
What else should I pay attention to when choosing a wheelchair?
When choosing a wheelchair, the following points should be taken into consideration:
- certificate - the capital letter B in a triangle, i.e. safety mark, is awarded on the basis of the opinion of the National Institute of Hygiene. Only a baby stroller marked in this way meets all the required standards and is completely safe for the child,
- trolley wheels - large pumpable wheels work well. They are suitable for driving on pavements as well as on uneven ground,
- cushioning of the stroller - thanks to it, the child is not exposed to shocks that may accompany riding on uneven surfaces,
- the frame of the trolley - it is the trolley that has a decisive influence on the weight of the equipment. If you want the trolley to be as light as possible, let's choose a model equipped with an aluminum frame,
- Brake - it is best to use a brake that locks both wheels at the same time, thus reducing the risk of a situation in which the wheelchair with the wheel locked will move,
- construction of the shelter - it should be large enough to protect it from the wind. It must also close quietly so as not to wake up or frighten a sleeping child. It is also worth taking care of its good ventilation, which is necessary during hot days,
- Adjustable handle height - this is an additional option, however, extremely useful if the parents taking care of the child differ in height,
- large enough basket under the box - will allow you to store all the necessary accessories,
- how to fold the stroller - before buying a stroller it is worth checking whether it is easy to fold for one person and whether after folding it will fit in the trunk of the car you are traveling with,
- upholstery - the model with detachable upholstery works well. This makes it easier to keep the trolley clean.